Hamilton Family Party of 4

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Home and Doing Well

9:00am
Surgery went well. The doctor said we definitely made the right call to do everything we did. He said her ears were really bad (currently infected). Her tonsils were touching they were so inflammed and her adenoids were large as well. With her history of chronic sinus and ear infections that then lead to an asthma exacerbation, he is hoping she will be healthier overall and if she does get sick is more comfortable and gets over it faster!

9:15am
I got to hold her in recovery. She was crying, "Mommy, mommy," when I walked in and when she was placed in my arms she immediately stopped. She dozed on and off in my arms and when she perked up said, "Mommy, I love you!" Melted my heart. The nurses loved her and called her a "doll baby". She is such a sweetheart.

10:00am
We got into a peds room and she did very well. Began drinking fluids, eating applesauce, talking and was up watching tv. She was a bit groggy from the pain meds, but doing great for a 2 yr old!

12:00-4:45
We hung out in her room all day and must have watched the TinkerBell movie 5 times! She drank and grazed all day (applesauce, goldfish, mac-n-cheese, grilled cheese, pears, and cookies)! She hardly napped. The doctor came in at 3pm and said if I felt comfortable we could go home, or we could stay. I made the decision to go home because she was doing so well eating, drinking, voiding, and pain under control. She finally took a nap the last hour and a half and refreshed her so we went home.

Our experience at St. Vincent and the Payton Manning Children's Hospital was wonderful! That is huge of me to say as I work for the competitor (Riley/Clarian)!

We got home and settled in about 6:30 last night. Sadie was VERY happy to be home. Jared and I enjoyed our time alone with her. It has been a struggle to give her all her meds...ear drops 2 times a day, breathing treatments 2 times a day, and her pain med every 4 hours. We literally have to wrestle her to do them, but we get it done! She went to bed without and complaints last night at 7:45pm. I woke her up twice in the middle of the night for pain meds, but she slept like a ROCK through the night! I know we made the best decision to come home because I doubt she would have slept that well in the hospital.

Bryce did well at Aunt Gayle's last night, cried a little bit, but after having 2 songs sung to him he slept like a rock. He didn't want to leave her house to go to preschool! We will pick him up at 1. I can't wait to see him, haven't seen him since Tuesday night! He has missed Sadie and made a card for her (reported from our sitter and Aunt Gayle). He even talked to Sadie on the phone last night and asked if she was feeling better?!?!? It was too cute!

Sadie and I are just hanging around the house today. She continues to eat and drink well. She has been a bit clingy to me, but I am enjoying the snuggle time! I did get her down for a morning nap, again with no complaints.

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns. Having all of you care about her so much has been wonderful! I truly am blessed and could not ask for a better support system from all of my friends and family (far and near)!

Love to all,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Im so glad it went well Ashley!! Its never a routine surgery when its YOUR baby! I hope she has a super speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete