Hamilton Family Party of 4

Sunday, October 18, 2009

A Trip to San Francisco to Celebrate Eric's Birthday

My brother, Eric, turned 30 on october 9th so I thought it would be a great time to go out and visit him. I have been to San Francisco a few times and have already done many of the touristy things, so we did more local things.

He took me to his work, Solyndra, a company that is designing a new type of solar panel. I was amazed to see what Eric does, especially since I know he helped design and the build the machines that are building these solar panels! I am so proud of my brother and I am amazed at how intrinsic his mind is!

He then took me to his friend, Yale's, place of work, Google! This place is unbelieveable. I want to work for Google. They are highly encouraged to take breaks and have fun! They have fully-stocked micro-kitchens every 150 feet and they have over 25 buildings on their campus! They have 3 meals a day, plus snacks fully provided to them at no cost! They have many on-site amenities such as a work-out facility, lap pool, massage parlor, salon, oil changes, dentist, sleep pods and many more! It was so cool to be able to tour this company!

We saw a shoe called Beach Blanket Babylon which is a musical theatre show with a spoof of pop culture. It was quite hilarious and would encourage anyone to see it if they are in San Francisco.

We had the opportunity to go up to Napa Valley, I have never been and already cannot wait to go back! We toured the wineries of Robert Mondavi and Sterling Winery. Such a peaceful and cool experience.

While we were in San Francisco we also watched the Columbus Day Parade as well as the Blue Angels down at Fishermans Wharf. Thos planes are soooo cool!

I had such a great time with my brother and I am so greatful to be his little sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment